Diploma in Massage
Want to know more about Massage Training?
Being a Massage Therapist can bring a wide option of work or career choice. You can choose from working in a large Hotel Spa, or in a small Local Beauty Salon, or perhaps branch out on your own and Be Your Own Boss.
Once you gain your initial qualification you can further train in speciality areas like Sports Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Pregnancy Massage and many more.
These speciality trainings allow you to provide the exact treatment your client needs.
On completion of the Diploma in Massage here at Pyramid Holistic Centre you will have achieved an ITEC accredited Level 5 (UK level 3) Diploma in Holistic Massage.
It will leave you fully qualified to begin giving Massage Treatments and will give you a solid foundation should you wish to continue your Professional Development and further train in Speciality Massage Treatments.
What is ITEC?
ITEC is an Internationally Recognised qualification that specialising in Beauty & Spa Therapy and Complementary Therapies worldwide. What that means is if you ever want to work or travel abroad, your qualification will be recognised in 33 countries which include Ireland, United Kingdom, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and many more.
Furthermore, Massage training at Pyramid Holistic Centre is to the highest standard and quality and ITEC qualifications are the most employer-preferred qualifications in the industry
A bit about Our Diploma in Massage
The Diploma in Massage covers all of the knowledge and skills needed for you to be 100% ready to provide treatments as soon as you graduate.
This includes the full ITEC diploma in Anatomy and Physiology, ITEC Diploma in Professional Conduct and Business Awareness.
In this Course you will cover the following:
- In class Hands on Massage Practice and 7 days a week Tutor Support to answer any questions you may have during home practice
- The history and development of massage
- How to carry out a consultation and complete a full Massage Treatment including different Massage Techniques, Aftercare Advise and Client Care
- What is the appropriate medium for the treatment and client’s skin type
- The possible reactions to treatment
- The appropriate legislation applicable to a massage treatment
- The Code of Ethics and how to present yourself in a professional manner
- The different types of insurance needed as a Massage Therapist
- Health & Safety including- basic first aid, completing an accident report form, appropriate equipment and how to carry out basic safety checks
- The importance of hygiene and different sterilisation and waste disposal methods
- Basic Business Principles including costing a treatment, profit and loss reports, budgeting, stock control
- Sales and Marketing techniques including the impact of advertising, different advertisement methods, communication skills and closing a sale
- Anatomy & Physiology in an enjoyable and learner friendly way
The case studies required for this qualification ensure that you gain the experience of working with variety of clients and conditions. This makes sure each and every student that walks out our doors are competent and confident in their own ability as therapists once the course is complete.
What about Who We Are
Pyramid Holistic Training Centre is an award-winning training centre and is one of Ireland’s largest providers of holistic training.
You will be trained by Tutors who are all fully qualified professionals with years of experience in their respective fields. Their passion about their area of speciality shows through in their quality of teaching.
But don’t just take our word for it… Have a listen to what some of our past students have to say about our centre…
Do you still have questions?
Register your interest in Massage and join our FREE, NO COMMITMENT Training Advisory Call to help figure out what is the best training route for you depending on your goals and when you want to achieve them by.